Our Community


About our Neighborhoods

Recycling & Environmental Projects

Safe Neighborhoods & Block Clubs

About Our Neighborhoods

District 2 encompasses 10 different neighborhoods in the Northeast corner of St. Paul. Beaver Lake Heights, East Phalen Frost Lake, Hayden Heights Hazel Park Hillcrest Lincoln Park Parkway/Greenbrier and Phalen Village.



The City of Saint Paul has contracted with Eureka Recycling to pick up recycling items from residences in the neighborhood.  The District 2 Council no longer has recycling bins. If you need to replace or re-order a bin, contact Eureka at 651-222-7678. If you are having issues with pick up or Eureka, contact the City at 651-266-8866.  Recycling Day in District 2 is Wednesday. Please have your bin out by 7am.


Safe Neighborhoods and Block Clubs

Block Clubs are a great way to meet your neighbors and learn more about your city. Greater knowledge about your neighborhood, and the services offered by District 2 and the City of St. Paul, can be invaluable to residents dealing with quality of life issues, large or small.

If you’d like to hold a block sale this spring, a National Night Out block party in August or just want to learn more about dealing with neighborhood nuisances, please call Sue McCall 651-774-2220 or e-mail suem@district2council.org.


Vacation Watch

Vacation Watch is a free service provided by the Saint Paul Police Department. If you are going to be away from home for 2-30 days, you can register to have Reserve Officers check on your home. If there is any evidence that your home has been tampered with, it will be treated as a possible burglary in progress. Call the Community Services Unit at (651) 266-5485 to sign up.


Premises Check

Another free program provides residents with a security premise evaluation. A Reserve Officer will evaluate your home and discuss lighting, locks, security systems, windows, and other security measures you could take to improve your home’s safety. Some insurance companies provide premium discounts to residents participating in the security audit. Call the Community Services Unit at(651) 266-5485 for more information.


Online Police Reporting

You should always call 911 in an emergency or if you are observing suspicious activity in process. However, the Saint Paul Police Department also offers an online police reporting system that allows you to file online police reports for certain incidents that:

  • are non-emergencies
  • occurred within the city of St. Paul
  • have no known suspects
  • did not occur on an interstate freeway
  • are not motivated by bias

Burglary of a detached garage, damage to property, fraud and forgery, harassing phone calls, illegal dumping, lost property and theft from automobiles are examples of crimes that can be reported. Once you submit the information, it is reviewed by a police officer, entered into the records management system and assigned a case number. You’ll be emailed a copy of the police report, which can be used for insurance purposes.